- Machines running Windows XP post April 8, 2014 will run normally with the same applications as before. The main concern will come from new Security Updates for the Operating System no longer being made available, so any new exploits in the Operating System will not have a fix published by Microsoft.
- All forms of support for Windows XP will no longer be available from Microsoft. Clarotech will continue to support Windows XP as far as possible.
- Microsoft Security Essentials (anti-virus / antimalware) will only receive updates for a limited period after April 8, 2014.
- Newer versions of software will slowly become incompatible with Windows XP and will not work properly.
- Office 2013 and IE9 will not install on Windows XP.
- Should you want to benefit from Office 365 technology, you need Office 2013 for it to run.
So what should you do?
Plan a migration from XP to Windows 8.1 for your organisation as soon as possible. This will prevent larger software and hardware upgrade costs during future system upgrades.
Check that your machines meet system requirements for the upgrade.
System Requirements can be checked using the Windows 8 Upgrade Assistant. For your convenience the requirements are listed below.
1 GHz or faster Processor
1 GB (32bit) or 2 GB (64bit) Memory
16 GB (32bit) or 20 GB (64bit) Free Hard Drive space
Microsoft DirectX 9 graphics device
Clarotech can help your company transition to a platform that is fast, reliable, secure and has all enterprise-grade capabilities you need. Contact us today to upgrade from Windows XP!